All military close combat instructors should have a resume that includes verification of their attending and completing exponent and instructor courses. Depending on country, service, and unit, proof of qualification, rank, and status will vary, but there will always be a paper trail and a record of service in relation to instructor close combat qualifications and service.
Martial arts, combat sports or general sports qualifications records and achievements are not relevant considerations as the position and role of a military close combat instructor is to be confident and qualified in the military science of close combat.
Note included references for training military personnel are not relevant unless the individual is qualified in military close combat. All credible and legitimate instructors have a history. Without this history and means of checking their previous experience and credentials they cannot be considered as qualified military close combat instructors.
Any individual claiming to be a military close combat instructor has an obligation to provide credible verification in the form of a paper trail that can be substantiated.
The ranking system of European military close combat is structured as follows: basic exponent, advanced exponent, instructor, senior instructor, Master instructor, chief instructor, Master chief instructor. The previous qualifications and titles fall into three categories of instructing qualification which would be clearly stated on certification licensing and course reports. Reserves instructor, Regular Force Instructor, Special Forces Instructor.
Please read before completing. Military Close Combat is a military science not a sport or martial art. Please do not include any martial arts or combat sports details as they will not be considered and are not relevant.
Questionnaire: Military Close Combat
- Where did you complete your basic military close combat course?
- When did you complete your basic military close combat course?
- Who was the chief instructor of the course?
- Where did you complete your advanced military close combat course?
- When did you complete your advanced military close combat course?
- Who was the chief instructor?
- When did you undertake your military close combat instructor training qualification course?
- Where did you undertake your military close combat instructor training qualification course?
- Who was the chief instructor signing off your qualification?
- What is your current military close combat Rank and/or status?
- When did you achieve your current status?
- Who signed off your current qualification and status?
- What military close combat courses have you instructed on, name the service, unit, courses, conducted and the dates?
- State the individual modules of close combat that you are qualified and confident to instruct.
Please include with this completed questionnaire copies of all course reports, references, certification or all licences in military close combat from exponent through to your current status and qualification. Thank you.
Inquiries to the Director of Overseas Affairs
Email: Geoff “Tank” Todd – email@example.com